Wednesday, January 11, 2012
New points system for the kids!
I have a really hard time getting the kids to help around the house. We have tried chore charts, allowances, treasure chest prizes and chore coupons. Nothing has worked! So I came up with an idea for a point system that allows them to earn "points" or pom poms to put in their jars after a day of doing their schoolwork, helping with chores, etc. At night before we start our bedtime routine I tell the kids I'm going to set the timer for 6 minutes and see how much we can clean up in that time. These kids go CRAZY!!! They love it! And I didn't threaten a punishment if it didn't get clean I just said ready, set, go and off they went!!! So far the point system is a great thing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment